Pregnancy Week 16
Summary | Pregnancy week by week 16
You’re at week 16 of your pregnancy. Your baby can now hear you and can listen to your voice and more amazingly touch their head. Your baby can now hold their head erect as compared to previous weeks. By now a baby at this stage would have more developed bones and limbs.
Pregnancy Signs & Symptoms
During week 16 of your 40 week pregnancy, you would have most likely experienced at least three symptoms mentioned below
- bloating, cramping, or spotting
- tiredness or fatigue
- irritability or mood swings
- nausea with or without vomiting
- frequent urination
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins
- raised basal body temperature
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding
- food cravings or aversions
- a heightened sense of smell
- metallic taste in the mouth
Share with us | What symptoms did you experienced during week 16 of your pregnancy?
During week 16 of your pregnancy see and hear the development of your baby via an ultrasound. We we have provided the below illustration to show your fetal development at week 16 of your pregnancy.
In week 16 you may have additional questions about this stage of your pregnancy like
- What’s happening at week 16 of your pregnancy?
- How should I feel at 16 weeks pregnant?
Note: If you don’t already have your personal obstetrician or gynecologist now is a good time to make an appointment with one that comes highly recommended.