Pregnancy Week 22
Summary | Pregnancy week by week 22
You’re at week 22 of your pregnancy. It’s at this stage you can hear your baby’s heart beat through a stethoscope and it’s expected that your baby is approximately 11 inches in size; measured from the crown of the head to the sole of the baby’s feet. It’s relatively the size of a coconut but It’s rather ironical that for some women who are pregnant and live in the Caribbean; they sometimes have a craving for drinking coconuts and eating its jelly at this time of their pregnancy.
Pregnancy Signs & Symptoms
During week 22 of your 40 week pregnancy, you would have most likely experienced at least three symptoms mentioned below
- bloating, cramping, or spotting
- tiredness or fatigue
- irritability or mood swings
- nausea with or without vomiting
- frequent urination
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins
- raised basal body temperature
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding
- food cravings or aversions
- a heightened sense of smell
- metallic taste in the mouth
Share with us | What symptoms did you experienced during week 22 of your pregnancy?
During week 22 of your pregnancy see and hear the development of your baby via an ultrasound. We have provided the below illustration to show your fetal development at week 22 of your pregnancy.
In week 22 you may have additional questions about this stage of your pregnancy like
- What’s happening at week 22 of your pregnancy?
- How should I feel at 22 weeks pregnant?
Note: If you don’t already have your personal obstetrician or gynecologist now is a good time to make an appointment with one that comes highly recommended.