Pregnancy Week 12
Summary | Pregnancy week by week 12
You’re at week 12 of your pregnancy and it’s fascinating to know that your baby is now 2.5 to 3 inches; the size of a plum and has the ability to open and close their hands. Although your baby is able to move around in you it’s a bit too early for you to feel this movement,however, you should be able to hear their heart beat via use of a doppler heartbeat monitor.
Pregnancy Signs & Symptoms
During week 12 of your 40 week pregnancy, you would have most likely experienced at least three symptoms mentioned below
- bloating, cramping, or spotting
- tiredness or fatigue
- irritability or mood swings
- nausea with or without vomiting
- frequent urination
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins
- raised basal body temperature
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding
- food cravings or aversions
- a heightened sense of smell
- metallic taste in the mouth
Share with us | What symptoms did you experienced during week 12 of your pregnancy?
During week 12 of your pregnancy see and hear the development of your baby via an ultrasound. We we have provided the below illustration to show your fetal development at week 12 of your pregnancy.
In week 12 you may have additional questions about this stage of your pregnancy like
- What’s happening at week 12 of your pregnancy?
- How should I feel at 12 weeks pregnant?
Note: If you don’t already have your personal obstetrician or gynecologist now is a good time to make an appointment with one that comes highly recommended.