Pregnancy Week 5
Summary | Pregnancy week by week 5
You’re at week 5 which means you’re at the start of the second month of your pregnancy. The first 5 weeks of your 40 week is just one step closer to your nine months due date.
It’s at this stage your baby starts developing and increasing in size from a pin head look to look more like a tadpole not more than 0.13 inches in size. The embryo is developing and is made up of three layers – the ectoderm, the mesoderm, and the endoderm. These three layers will be the basis in the formation of the tissues and organs.
Pregnancy Signs & Symptoms
- bloating, cramping, or spotting
- tiredness or fatigue
- irritability or mood swings
- nausea with or without vomiting
- frequent urination
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins
- raised basal body temperature
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding
- food cravings or aversions
- a heightened sense of smell
- metallic taste in the mouth
Share with us | What symptoms did you experienced during week 5 of your pregnancy?
During week 5 of your pregnancy you begin to see your baby developing. We we have provided the below illustration to show your fetal development at week 5 of your pregnancy.
In week 5 you may have additional questions about this stage of your pregnancy like
- What’s happening at week 5 of your pregnancy?
- How should I feel at 5 weeks pregnant?
Note: If you don’t already have your personal obstetrician or gynecologist now is a good time to make an appointment with one that comes highly recommended.