Pregnancy Week 37
Summary | Pregnancy week by week 37
You’re at week 37 of your pregnancy and only 3 weeks away from your nine months due date. As a mom to be you can feel every move your baby makes as they respond to light and sound. At this stage your baby would have moved a little further down your pelvic in preparation delivery at week 40.
At week 37 your baby’s respiratory system should be fully functional as they breathes faster when responding to sound or touch. With respect to size, your baby has not grown much from that of week 35 or 36 and remains at around 20 inches in length, however because they are getting nutrients from the placenta they should be a bit heavier, weighing around 6.3 pounds.
Your baby’s lungs at week 37 should be developed enough to survive outside the womb however if born on or before this week they are considered to be preterm, premature term or preemie.
Pregnancy Signs & Symptoms.
During week 37 of your 40 week pregnancy, you would have most likely experienced at least three symptoms mentioned below
- bloating, cramping, or spotting
- tiredness or fatigue
- irritability or mood swings
- nausea with or without vomiting
- frequent urination
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins
- raised basal body temperature
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding
- food cravings or aversions
- a heightened sense of smell
- metallic taste in the mouth
Share with us | What symptoms did you experienced during week 37 of your pregnancy?
During week 37 of your pregnancy see and hear the development of your baby via an ultrasound. We have provided the below illustration to show your fetal development at week 37 of your pregnancy.
In week 37 you may have additional questions about this stage of your pregnancy like
- What’s happening at week 37 of your pregnancy?
- How should I feel at 37 weeks pregnant?
Note: If you don’t already have your personal obstetrician or gynecologist now is a good time to make an appointment with one that comes highly recommended.