Pregnancy Week 17
Summary | Pregnancy week by week 17
You’re at week 17 of your pregnancy and It’s possible you may be able to feel your baby’s moving but some expecting moms can feel movement as early as 15 weeks whilst others start feeling movement at 20 weeks or later. At this stage your baby is around 4.7 inches long and weighs approximately 5.29 ounces.
At week 17 your baby’s skin is usually a bit wrinkled and pink in colour but as they grow and get fatter their skin becomes firmer. As your baby develops, the umbilical cord starts getting thicker, their skeleton starts developing from soft cartilage to bone, and their sweat glans start developing.
Pregnancy Signs & Symptoms
During week 17 of your 40 week pregnancy, you would have most likely experienced at least three symptoms mentioned below
- bloating, cramping, or spotting
- tiredness or fatigue
- irritability or mood swings
- nausea with or without vomiting
- frequent urination
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins
- raised basal body temperature
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding
- food cravings or aversions
- a heightened sense of smell
- metallic taste in the mouth
Share with us | What symptoms did you experienced during week 17 of your pregnancy?
During week 17 of your pregnancy see and hear the development of your baby via an ultrasound. We we have provided the below illustration to show your fetal development at week 17 of your pregnancy.
In week 17 you may have additional questions about this stage of your pregnancy like
- What’s happening at week 17 of your pregnancy?
- How should I feel at 17 weeks pregnant?
Note: If you don’t already have your personal obstetrician or gynecologist now is a good time to make an appointment with one that comes highly recommended.