Pregnancy Week 18
Summary | Pregnancy week by week 18
You’re at week 18 of your pregnancy and as your baby gets bigger your bump also increases in size causing your waistline to disappear. The size and weight of your baby is not much larger than in week 17. When you visit your gynecologist and do an ultrasound you may see your baby yawn, hiccup or even suck their thumb. It’s at this stage of pregnancy most moms find it more comfortable to sleep on their side as opposed to face down.
Pregnancy Signs & Symptoms
During week 18 of your 40 week pregnancy, you would have most likely experienced at least three symptoms mentioned below
- bloating, cramping, or spotting
- tiredness or fatigue
- irritability or mood swings
- nausea with or without vomiting
- frequent urination
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins
- raised basal body temperature
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding
- food cravings or aversions
- a heightened sense of smell
- metallic taste in the mouth
Share with us | What symptoms did you experienced during week 18 of your pregnancy?
During week 18 of your pregnancy see and hear the development of your baby via an ultrasound. We we have provided the below illustration to show your fetal development at week 18 of your pregnancy.
In week 18 you may have additional questions about this stage of your pregnancy like
- What’s happening at week 18 of your pregnancy?
- How should I feel at 18 weeks pregnant?
Note: If you don’t already have your personal obstetrician or gynecologist now is a good time to make an appointment with one that comes highly recommended.