Pregnancy Week 38
Summary | Pregnancy week by week 38
You’re at week 38 of your pregnancy and only 2 weeks away from your nine months due date. During week 38 your baby is still developing as their brain, lungs, and liver continue to grow.
Your baby continue to be active but now there is less space when compared to previous months. As the baby stretches in this limited space they push outwards and due to its present size it can cause discomfort to the mom to be.
Pregnancy Signs & Symptoms.
During week 38 of your 40 week pregnancy, you would have most likely experienced at least three symptoms mentioned below
- bloating, cramping, or spotting
- tiredness or fatigue
- irritability or mood swings
- nausea with or without vomiting
- frequent urination
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins
- raised basal body temperature
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding
- food cravings or aversions
- a heightened sense of smell
- metallic taste in the mouth
Share with us | What symptoms did you experienced during week 38 of your pregnancy?
During week 38 of your pregnancy see and hear the development of your baby via an ultrasound. We have provided the below illustration to show your fetal development at week 38 of your pregnancy.
In week 38 you may have additional questions about this stage of your pregnancy like
- What’s happening at week 38 of your pregnancy?
- How should I feel at 38 weeks pregnant?
Note: If you don’t already have your personal obstetrician or gynecologist now is a good time to make an appointment with one that comes highly recommended.